We believe that:
1.The foundation of mental wellness is spiritual wellness and wholeness.
Services for people must allow them to incorporate their spiritual beliefs into their wellness process. Good mental health services should be available at an affordable cost.
2. People have a right to worship as they please, we do not proselytize but we do believe in the universal connectedness of all matter.
3. Life is a process, and mental wellness or balance is an important factor in succeeding in the process.
4. Spirituality, love for self, humanity and the environment enhances wellness. People come to help themselves, to seek affirmation, to do faith sharing and choose ideas and methodologies that suit their specific needs.
5. Authentic healing, wellness and wholeness for functioning in our busy lives and society should be done within the boundaries of a cultural belief system that can be integrated and generalized to every day practices.
6. Healing must be owned by the recipient for it to be actualized.The goal of the Abeng Center is to open the discussion of faith and spirituality as areas for outcome and growth of faith, in the mystery of creation that can lead the individual to choose areas in their life that may need self examination, leading to growth , recovery of souls and self development.